Friday, January 13, 2006

How we '80s kids know we're getting old

While Mr. Fraulein and I were in Los Angeles over the holidays, we were able to take in a few movies, thanks to the abundant free babysitting that was available. During "The Producers," my blood started to run cold as I realized what it was that was bothering me about Matthew Broderick. He didn't look right. The skin on his face looked all crepey and loose.

This, of course, was because my image of Matthew Broderick is frozen in time from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," which came out in 1986. When I was a junior in high school.

Which was 20 years ago, for Christ's sake.

When the Peanut finally sees the John Hughes movies (on some digital format which probably doesn't even exist yet) they will be quaint, musty oldies, if they aren't already.

No comments: