Friday, February 10, 2006

The Peanut's day

Thursdays are my work-at-home days, so the Peanut stays home from day care and hangs out with me and, thank God, her babysitter, without whom I could not get a single thing done. It's fun because I have a little more time to play with her, feed her, etc. than I normally get during the week. So this was our afternoon yesterday: each time I managed to settle down to the computer, I would hear the pitter-patter (which is actually more like a thunk-thunk) of tiny Peanut feet coming down the hallway. Every 20 minutes or so she would get up from whatever she was doing in her room with the sitter and walk to the dining room, where I work, to check and see if I was still there.

And I know she's coming because I hear "Mama, Mama, Mama" all the way down the hallway. Which is great fun, especially since for so long, all she said was "Daddy."

No comments: