Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A tale of three little girls

We always tell the Peanut she has beautiful, chocolate-colored eyes (because this is their exact color -- just like the very darkest chocolate). Yesterday morning as I stood in the bathroom brushing my teeth, she stood beside me, looking in the mirror.

"I love my chocolate eyes. They're awesome!" she said. She was so clearly excited about her own beauty, which makes me very happy, to say the least.

I thought of this later in the day when I overheard the following exchange between a man and a woman:

Woman: Oh, I see your friend dropped off those pictures of your daughters from last Halloween.

Man: Yeah. They're ugly, ugly children, aren't they?

It was his idea of a joke. There are some things in life I will never understand, and this is one of them.

No comments: