Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Compare and contrast...



Thousands upon thousands of energized Obama supporters of every age and color yesterday in Madison, WI, vs. McCain's few dozen bored looking white folks. I hate to even say this for fear of jinxing it but I think maybe, just maybe, the good guys are going to WIN this time. Only question is how big a rout it will be.
I'm beginning to suspect the Republicans won't even be able to try to steal it this time. Voter fraud is a lot easier in close elections, like 2000 and 2004, than it is when three quarters of the country are chomping at the bit for dramatic change.
I desperately wanted my boy Al Gore to jump in there this time, but given that Obama is starting to look more and more like (Bill) Clinton and JFK and RFK rolled into one, I'll take it. Especially when the opposition is (or appears to be, which is what's important) 1,000 years old and wants to continue every Bush policy that's been soundly repudiated by most of the country.
Change is good. Yes we can!

No comments: