Saturday, January 17, 2009

Facebook

So I've finally been dragged, kicking and screaming, onto Facebook. First impressions: if you want to keep your work acquaintances from learning every detail about your life in high school, etc., you need to avoid "friending" the work people. The other thing is, since I want to keep this blog anonymous-ish to the outside world, I won't be promoting the blog on Facebook. So it's like you have all these separate online profiles, or personae...I can see how this might get difficult to manage.

Also, it is truly hilarious how the people whose guts you hated in high school suddenly come out of the woodwork to become your virtual "friends." As I suspected, some of the people who weren't that bright and were the sworn enemies of my group of the (ahem) smarter kids, have now become Republicans. No one could have predicted that...

No comments: