Sunday, January 25, 2009

Who Is Broadway Carl?

Guest-posted by Broadway Carl

Hi, I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself. I go by Broadway Carl - my nom de plume - that's french for "name of pen," although the name of my pen is actually PaperMate™. I call myself Broadway Carl because, 1) I work on Broadway as a stagehand and, 2) my name is - well, I can't tell you what my name is or else my non de plume would be useless. I'll give you a hint... it's starts with a 'C'.

My first foray into blogging came a little over two years ago. It was my attempt to deal with my growing anger for the recently departed presidential administration. I tend to get "worked up" - a mild way of saying "frothy-mouthed frenzy" - and my lovely, patient wife got tired of the spittle flying about. (I get very animated and loud when angry.) So I decided to put my thoughts down on "electronic paper" as an outlet. Two years later, I'm still writing. And my wife reads my rants instead of trying to decipher what the hell I was screaming about while sitting behind a protective shield.

The lovely Fraulein has frequented my site, as I have hers, and we decided it might be a good idea to occasionally cross-post our thoughts on each others' blogs. I enjoy and respect her writing and assume she enjoys mine; why else invite someone to contribute to your space if you think it's swill? Hopefully, you'll enjoy what I have to say as well and stop by my place to say hello.

Cheers,
Broadway Carl


One more thing - I see that Fraulein has been having Facbook issues lately. Here's what I had to say on the subject last month.

No comments: