Friday, April 18, 2008

This will give you the chills



Then we needed a leader and you’re all we had
So we told ourselves you were not that bad
You took the opportunity to have your way
While our wounds still bled we were led astray
All the the fears that came descending on us then
Falling just the same
Falling like the towers in a cloud that hung
So it blocked our view and it hid the sun
When our eyes were down, in all that pain
With your slight of hand, you cast the blame

The artist is named David Wilcox, and he is phenomenal. I had never heard of him before a couple of days ago and now I have his new CD on constant rotation. Every song is amazing. See if you can listen to this without crying (I can't so far!) It's the perfect wedding song. Clearly I have to renew my vows so I can get to use it, since it wasn't around when I got married in 2002.

(Photo credit www.davidwilcox.com)

No comments: